Thursday, July 9, 2009

Playtri Sprint Triathlon

I entered the Playtri Sprint Triathlon on July 5, 2009 at Las Colinas (Irving, Texas). The distances were 500M swim, 12 mile bike and 5K.

Two local great talents took the mens and womens division, Tyler and Ashley Johnson. Both qualified recently at Kansas 70.3 for the world championship in Florida.

The highlight of my day was momma and my daughter Ruth came to watch me race for the first time. Turns out, they wound up volunteering and helping out the race director. Im not surprised, because they are very caring and giving folks.

Dana Lyons, an outstanding athlete from The Woodlands won my age group and was 9th overall. Dana is a great champion and is very deserving.

Jacob Evans, a good friend of mine came in 2nd overall and had a great race. He is self coached and has already been to Kona through sheer guts and determination.

2nd AG / 37th OA