Monday, June 1, 2009

Cleburne Triathlon


I entered the Cleburne Triathlon on May 31, 2009. A sprint distance of 300 yards, 15 mile bike, and 5K. It was put on by Iron Head Race Productions.

Patrick Schuster, former pro and now Grand Prarie Fireman set a course record which was awesome. Adam Wilk, Matthew Ison (young man behind me in picture), Jarrod Stephens and my close friend / training buddy Jerry Lewis rounded out the top 5.

I loved this event with the down home feel and great bike / run courses. I would recommend this triathlon for all skill levels.

I met Brannon Potts, Cody Howell (& his father) -- some up and coming young fellas. They just formed a triathlon club in Cleburne and are really trying hard. Best of luck to them.

I somehow managed to win Masters and came in 8th overall. What a blessing.

Thank you to the City of Cleburne, sponsors, and all the great volunteers.

No comments: