Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rockwall Sprint Triathlon

On Sunday May 17, 2009 I entered the Rockwall Sprint Triathlon. A 300 yard pool swim, 14 mile bike and 2.9 mile run. The picture above was taken by Celebrated Images 50 meters from the finish line.

I had a very hectic week leading up to the event with work and family. Honestly, I wasn't sure how race day would work out. Thankfully, everything went well.

Jack Weiss, the race director does an excellent job. We have been experiencing heavy rains in the North Texas area recently and Mr. Weiss and crew had to modify the run course slightly because a portion is cross country -- which I love.

Michael Dawdy, a good friend of mine set a course record at 55:41. That is an incredible time.

I am having a great time and meeting some very nice people by entering local triathlons. My goal is to stay in shape, make improvements in all three disciplines and somehow glorify God along the way.

Hats off to all the volunteers, sponsors and the Rockwall Rotary for a great event.

6th Overall / 1st AG (1:03.40)

No comments: